Located on the historic water street in Henderson, Nevada 20 minutes to the east of Las Vegas there’s a new Casino in town! Formerly the Eldorado a Henderson staple sitting directly across from the Rainbow Club Casino and Next door to the Brand new Henderson Lifeguard arena will soon reopen as The Pass Casino; things seem to be moving in a positive way for one of the safest cities in the country. It’s not a total renovation but there will be two brand new bars, a new banquet room, a renovated cafe, and new Italian restaurant. What we are most excited about is the sports book which will actually be from Circa hotel & casino and I am totally digging the downtown Las Vegas/Henderson connection so smart! Also the new fine dining restaurant located inside, if you remember Spiedini that was previously located in the Marriott with the famous master chef Gustav will be writing the menu, it’s sure to be tasty! Looking to give Henderson a bit of an upgrade is an understatement and we are here for it!
If you have not been to the beautiful desert oasis of 180 acres attraction located on the south side of Las Vegas now is the perfect time. It’s not only family friendly, it’s a great place to go alone or just with your significant other with tons of outdoor & indoor fun for just about anyone. The Preserves have been closed since March last year and will reopen March 19th. The state museum which is located at the preserve will also be opening on March 20th. There are timed entry tickets that start at 9am – 3pm with members having an hour early access to tickets at 8am. Indoor areas, including the Origen Museum, Gift Shop and Nature Exchange, remain temporarily closed. Masks are mandatory and capacity rules apply so you have must make a reservation. Tickets are just $5.00 it’s worth the trip!
It’s happening!!! Things are opening up in Las Vegas and we are ecstatic! This weekend marked the beginning of pool season and our pools our open! Shows and entertainment are back with Life is beautiful slated for September and numerous live shows having audiences. Even the Golden Knights have let in fans for the first time in a year. Here are all the things you can get into right now in Vegas, Oh and March 1 we moved to 50% occupancy everywhere, it’s almost official we are OPEN!
POOLS – Hakkasan (Wet Republic, Liquid), Cosmo Pool, Encore Beach Club – go to my previous post for specifics.
SHOWS – Live Shows can now have 100 guests and/or 50% occupancy
Jabawokees, Carrot Top, brad Garrett comedy club, Thunder down under, Fantasy, MJ Live, Life is Beautiful (Festival)
SPORTS – they are allowing guests
NHL Golden Knights, Aviators (Baseball opens May)
ENJOY!!! Have fun and be safe!
We can’t really call them dayclubs anymore more like day-lounging. Here are the top pools you have to see even in a pandemic. Most dayclubs are Friday – Sunday and are under some capacity restrictions until further notice.
- Stadium Swim (Crica) – the newest kid on the block boasts the biggest and baddest pool around. With gigantic televisions screens on all sides you can’t miss this soon to be favorite spot for all Las Vegas pool goers.
- Wet Republic (MGM) – with no Rehab this year we are calling it a WAP summer with a Wet And Republic Vegas all summer long.
- Boulevard pool (Cosmo) – cosmopolitan rooftop experience that’s been a staple in years past with its dome or no dome depending on the season.. it’s sure to give you the thrills your looking for with a beautiful view of the city. They also have dive in movies.
- Encore Beach Club (Wynn/Encore) – a pool paradise that is a favorite to a who’s who in town. Probably the best location and the easiest to social distance if your into that!
- Daylight (Mandalay Bay) – head to the beginning of the strip to this Lux pool and lounge in style.
- Go Pool (flamingo)- Actually open on Mondays!!! Head to margarita Monday’s from the original mobster casino.
- Citrus Pool (the D) – 2020 gold winner for best hotel pool downtown it’s bright and Instagram worthy.
Break out your quarentini’s Las Vegas is open for Memorial Day weekend. If you thought the beach club wouldn’t survive your wrong; they have pivoted into more of lounges. Safety being the number 1 priority in this new world, new Vegas has virtual menus, masked bikini cocktail waitresses, virtual pool tours if you want to see before you go and limited capacity cabanas. Yes we are sad to see the packed cabanas with people standing on couches but for now you will be limited to 6 guests per cabana. You can no longer walk up to the bar and order, but relax you wanted to stay by the pool anyway. As of now there are no big name DJ’s scheduled as dancing is not encouraged. The distinguished “guest list” may also be extinct as reservations are required and general admission will be an exception rather than a rule. If you have hit up your usual promoter you might find out they have left Vegas for greener pastures, or had a recent career change. Prices range from $400 for a day bed to $2000 for a grand cabana.
Daylight Beach – March 5
EBC Pool- March 5
The Pool Marquee – March 5
Wet Republic – March 5 ($250 daybeds & saltwater pool)
Tao Beach – Closed for renovations
Citrus Pool – TBD
Sahara Pool – TBD
Here are the budget friendly places to go eat for Valentine’s Day in Las Vegas all under $100. Won’t be no $200 dollar date here! Don’t worry these places will make you look like you spent a ton.
Trevi – Italian restaurant, inside of the Forum Shops has a set menu for just $37 a piece. This is probably the number one place for bang for your buck seeing as you get some good scenery inside obeautiful Caesar’s Palace.
Buddy V’s Ristorante – This is the Cake Boss if you didn’t know located inside of the ultra fancy Venetian. He has a set three course menu for $47 and it comes with a glass of Prosecco.
Maggiano’s Little Italy – this one comes with starters, two salads, two entrees, two alcoholic beverages and one dessert for $80 bucks. Totally worth it if you ask me.
Oscars Steakhouse – The Las Vegas Former Mayor and Husband to the mayor of Las Vegas this is his steakhouse inside the plaza. with Main courses of SKUNA BAY SALMON And FILET MIGNON ‘ROSSINI’ with hudson valley foie gras, perigord sauce for just $80.
Botaglia – located inside of Green Valley Ranch the decor transports you to someplace by the water. Surrounded by crisp white shiplap they offer a $65 for two set menu but the big plus here is they also have a stay at home meal. So if you still want to stay home you can definitely eat good at home with this place.
Sugar Factory – If your girl is into pop culture she will love this Diamond Rose Goblet inspired by Lisa Vanderpump. It featuring a Vanderpump Rose, peach schnapps, raspberry vodka, and a splash of lemon-lime soda, garnished with sour watermelon bears, and candy ring pops, all that sugar for just $40 bucks.
Token Vegas Valentine Things To Do:
The Smith Center – is having a “romantic night in” a virtual concerts one with Brian McKnight it’s $30.
Honey Salt – having a Valentine bake and flower shop.
Las Vegas Craft Show – will be holding an in-person craft show.
Gondola Ride – in the Paris hotel go take a trip to the Eiffel Tower and ride the Gondolas through “Italy.”
Maverick Helicopter- helicopter ride… how can you go wrong???!!!!
China Town – head to China town and get an amazing massage experience that can not be matched! Get a reflexology massage with stones. I suggest heading to Groupon if your coins are low, it’s something once you start your not going to want to stop.
High roller – get on the worlds biggest Ferris Wheel and enjoy the Vegas view.
Balloons and Tunes Hot Air Balloon Festival- not exactly in Las Vegas but in Kanab Utah, feb 19 – 21st there will be balloon launching, vendors, bands and a lantern release. Looks fun if you want to take a trip away!
Most people don’t know that just an hour and 30 minutes away from Las Vegas there’s a small ski resort that will give u all the winter feels from the safety of 60 degree heat. Lee Canyon is an amazing little spot to get ur winter on. Here’s some travel tips to help you make the most of your trip!
WHAT TO DO: First thing is book parking in advance. You can buy tickets at the ticket counter for everything else. Rental equipment is $49. Lift tickets which everyone will need if you get on the lift is $79. If you have never been skiing or snowboarding I would suggest getting lessons, they are $79 for up to four people. Totally worth it. I love Aaron but I’m sure all the other teachers are great. Tips are appreciated for them!
SAVE MONEY TIP: if you can’t tell it’s a little expensive. I know it’s a pandemic and a lot of us need free options, so here ya go. There is a small park just before you reach the canyon. You can bring chairs and inflatable tubes and set up shop. Bring your dog, some snacks and just hang.
FOOD & DRINK : They have a cafe and restaurant that are decent however my favorite spot was the second floor bar and not just because it was the only place you could get an actual alcoholic mixed drink not in a can. You can actually watch people ski down the slope from the bar. Amazing view and indoors. The food well. Don’t expect gourmet but it’s good.
WHAT TO WEAR: if you have never been just so you know you will get wet! Here’s what to wear to stay warm and dry. Wool socks is a must, if you don’t have them just double up. Snow pants, you can get black overalls at Dicks for just $35 bucks, as seen in the picture above. If you want to use what you have anything that is water proof will work. Make sure to put tights underneath yoga tights work great! A hoodie and a light jacket will work also. Gloves is a must! Remember you can strip off clothes but you can not go back home and bring more clothes.
PRO TIP: Perfect trip to bring that Fanny pack you never used for Id, money, sanitizer, and etc.
It’s a great escape from the crazy Las Vegas streets. If you go let me know what you thought!
As some of my favorite dining spots try to figure out how to survive, I have noticed some newbies in town that have made me pretty Happy. Since my favorite foodie places are bakeries and lunch spots, heres a few that will make you a foodie fan. Most are located in Henderson and Summerlin; I can only vouch for Henderson locations if your a local count on making these some staples in your everyday life; if your a tourist give them a try and help out our local community.
Hella Bakery – This is a Greek restaurant and although it says its a bakery, the best meal is Lunch. They have Lamb Chops, Meditarranean Kabobs and Gyros. The food is fresh and flavorfull; the environment is charming. The owner is usually around and he loves to talk so don’t be afraid to go chit chat with him.
Vegas Wine & Cheese – Ok so its not a restaurant. However, if your a Charcuterie fan or just love cheese like I do this is the place to go. They make custom Charcuteries starting at $35 for two people and $50 dollar option for 4 – 6 guests. They can do as much or as little as you want. I highly recommend the Fontina Meat and they have a goat Brie that is AMAZING!!! Kinda expensive think luxury.
The Butchers Block – In the same complex as Vegas Wine & Cheese there is this great butcher, that also has a location in the Summerlin area. If you want some fresh salmon, or a nice sized lobster, this is the place. Take home a burger for the night, they definitely got you with the “Best Burger” in town.
Harvest Bread Company – If you have never been here, you probably dont live in or just moved to Vegas. Fresh baked bread daily, and not just white or wheat. This is actually my favorite place during Halloween the Pumkin Bread is beyond! Try it out!
Bourbon & Biscuits – Do you like barbecue? Well this is a bbq place with smoked meats. Now it is kinda expensive but its delicious. I cant vouch for it all nor the sides but the chicken is finger licking and the ribs are fall off the bone.
Pit Stop – If your up for a drive close to Boulder City is the best little burger place outside of the city. They also have an amazing Turkey Burger and this restaurant has been here for more than 15 years. Try the sauteed mushrooms with it.
Gabi Coffee & Bakery – This is the Hidden Cafe if you have ever heard of it. A heavy anachronistic wooden door and an open sign shows you the way. You will love the ambience as its set up with an atrium feel. The coffees and boboa teas are so pretty.
Sapparo Sushi – I only like this because of the rotating sushi. If your looking for a cool place to bring a date, its interactive and the sushi is fresh.
Mrs. Coco’s – Head down to Lake Las Vegas and jump into a different world. A pink palace with flowers and beautiful decor. A great place for a Galentine party or Bachelorette, maybe take your daughters. They have wonderful coffees and lattes, just enjoy the view.
If you cant tell I love bakeries and lunch spots! Enjoy.. and please let me know what you think.
As if it wasn’t hard enough to date as a millennial, now in quarantine its so much harder. As Millennials, we are not tied to the standard timeline of our parents, we are waiting longer to get married and have children, but to wait until after the never ending quarantine seems impossible. Heres some positives and easy ways to find your “lobster” during this pandemic.
If you want to date, date. If your uncomfortable being in person with people use social media. Everyone knows someone that has gotten married from a dating site. Download them all don’t let the world make you feel thirsty, we have the time to right now to actually meticulously look for your perfect match.
Do not be afraid to make the first move. If you find someones personality stimulating on Twitter, why not take your shot you miss 90% of the shots you don’t take. Have confidence, know what you have to offer and be available and open to your blessings. If he/she swipes right or slides in your DM’s. Give them a chance. What do you have to lose. Maybe you wont fall in love with that person but that person can connect you with someone you will.
Social distancing can be good for a relationship in many ways. If you have just started dating it gives you a great chance to get to know one another. It feels more like in middle school, when you would fall asleep on the phone together or argue about who should hang up first. You don’t have to get NS-17 with anything just really get to know someone on an emotional level.
With the future so uncertain it is hard to begin something new or even want to, however this is the perfect time to start a relationship in my opinion. Now is a chance to understand what is important to someone. Are they out every night with no mask and partying, and is that what you want? Or are they at there parents being safe and learning to cook, is that what you want? What do you want for your future. Finding someone with similar values as you is easier in a pandemic because you are more apt to discuss things of that nature.
Its a true test of love, but don’t get down and keep your eyes open for your blessings!
Every year I go crazy trying to find something special and unique for Valentines Day to gift to my other half. This year I have decided to put a few things together to quench all my Valentine’s Day thirsts. I’ll give you a Budget version for those of us who still don’t have a job yet and an option to buy everything you need. Gifts are both for women and men, have fun and happy Valentines Day!
- Shower Steamers: You can buy these cuties at PaperSource $14. Even men like the shower to smell like a heavenly spa. Budget Version, make your own, use Lemon & Eucalyptus for a manly scent he will love! Cost is approximately $10.
2. Bar Soap: If your man is anything like mine he refuses to use liquid soap. Duke Cannon has amazingly fun scents for men like – smells like productivity, smells like accomplishment, smells like victory, and big ass bourbon soap. You can find them at Ulta for $8. Budget version make your own, you use the similar ingredients as the shower bomb.
3. Dollar Store Valentines Games: Do something different we all know yall been in the house together the entire quarantine. Grab some small valentine dice and actually use them this year; see fuzzy handcuffs, grab them! Throw them in the box. Want to go further – decorate his door go crazy! Its not always about spending the most money, sometimes its just about making the person feel special even a little embarrassed if need be.
4. Switch your look up: This one is free. Get a wig or if you have been in sweatpants, no matter how cute they are, get your red carpet on and when he comes home or gets out of the shower surprise him with someone new. Not that he’s sick of you or anything just saying this is fun, even if you have more of a comedic relationship than sensual you both will get a good laugh.
5. Hanky Panky Panty Rose: A tad bit expensive at $29.95, but what a cute idea!! They come in 3 different colors and are stretchy lace. One issue is it says one size fits most, but still an awesomely cute gift for your lady.
6. Collage.com Picture blanket – I have used other sites but i really love this one! They have great coupons especially for your first time. Speedy service, great communication, they send tons of emails before and after you receive shipment. I suggest getting cozy fleece, so you and your significant other can cozy up! If they are a traveler get a small one so they can use it with them when they go.
7. Touch Bracelet: For the long distant relationship you can get these shnazzy bracelets that when you touch them they light up, so the other person will know your thinking about them. Very cost affective, $8 at uncommongoods.com.
8. Adrenaline Promotions: I live in Vegas so everyone loves to ride road bicycles, I found this place on Amazon, and wish I had found it sooner. It has the best college team cycling jerseys! Not only that they have states ect, I just love their jerseys. I intend to order one soon so cant speak on quality, just know if your other half is a cyclist and a super fan, they got you! They are quite expensive but I have yet to find anything like it anywhere else.